Mouthguards help prevent damage to your teeth and protect you from concussions while physically active. If you or your child are going to be playing sports this fall, we can help fit for the proper mouthguard. If you already have one, here are some great care tips to extend the life of your mouthguard:
* Brush with a toothbrush and toothpaste or at least rinse before and after every use.
* Periodically wash in cool, soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
* Store and carry in a protective container that has openings for ventilation.
* Never put your mouthguard in hot water or in direct sunlight.
* Inspect regularly for wear and tear and replace when necessary.