The first quarter of the year can be a stressful time. If you're one of the people who clenches or grinds their teeth when under stress, here are some tips to help you break the habit:
1. Reduce or eliminate caffeinated foods and drinks.
2. Avoid consuming alcohol.
3. Don't chew on pens, pencils or other objects, including gum.
4. Take steps to reduce stress and anxiety in your life.
5. When you notice clenching or grinding, place your tongue between your teeth to help relax your jaw.
6. Place a warm washcloth on your jaw.
7. Ask us about using a night guard to protect your teeth.